Upon completion of the course, the students will be able to
- Assess health status, identify nursing needs, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care for patients that contribute to health of the individuals, families and communities.
- Demonstrate competency in rendering quality health care and techniques of nursing care.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality care.
- Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
- Provide promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with the national health policies and programmes.
- Practice within the framework of code of ethics and professional conduct and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
- Communicate effectively with individuals, groups and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationship and frame work.
- Develop skills in teaching individuals and group in clinical / community health setting /nursing educational institution.
- Conduct need based research studies in various settings and utilize the research finding to improve the quality of care.
- Demonstrate leadership and management skills in clinical/community settings.
- Demonstrate awareness, interests and contribute towards advancement of self and the profession.