Medical Surgical Nursing
The department of Medical Surgical Nursing deals with cases related to adult health nursing including geriatrics within the framework of KUHS and INC. The department strives to impart knowledge and practical skills to students who develop with distinct identity and character, meeting the goals and aspirations of the society.
The activities of the department of Medical Surgical Nursing facilitate the development of competent professionals with moral and ethical values, who demonstrate excellence in nursing education, practice, administration and research, adopting suitable model.To keep abreast with latest development in the field of MSN, promote hands on skills, facilitate research activities, ensure critical evaluation of faculty and student activities, a team of mature, dedicated, competent and research oriented faculty and encourage collaborative activities with other departments of College, hospital and University by maintaining a conducive environment.
• Organize seminar, CNE, faculty clinical presentation, workshop, conference.
• Supervision of the students in the clinical areas
• Co-ordinate among members to attend professional activities
• Take part in patient care activities and administration.
• Integrate with nursing service to provide quality nursing care.
• Research activities of students and faculty
• Publication in Journals
• Mentoring the students in personal and professional development.
• Conduct awareness programme on health related days.
The faculty of the department imparts in-depth knowledge to the students by various innovative teaching methods. Methods like seminars, symposium, care studies, group discussions, case presentations, field trips, video assisted learning. Problem based learning, competency based learning and procedure demonstrations are used to enhance the knowledge and skills of the students.